Table of Contents
If you are looking for topics for research paper coursework, then you have come to the right place. This article offers advice on the best research paper topics, followed by a few direct examples of topics you can pick from. Though, you should probably change them a little in case other people see the same topics and use them.
Best 10 Business Ethics Research Paper Topics
Below is the raw list of topics for business ethics research paper. They are pretty randomized and fairly diverse. Try to aim for issues that are pretty recent without being overdone. For example, a country being bankrupt by sketchy retirement pension payments or too much borrowing may be relevant and modern. However, too much borrowing within a single company may be overdone, even if it is currently in the news right now.
- Approaches for ensuring that ethics are adopted by an organization and that they effectively reflect the reality of the business world.
- How the impact of a company’s environmental management affects customer trust and loyalty.
- The types of ethical dilemmas that business enterprises face while making decisions in our modern era.
- Understanding modern codes of ethics for businesses from a manager’s perspective.
- The utility of business ethics theory taught in higher learning.
- The modern role of business ethics in usable interaction between society and business organizations.
- Analysis of different challenges that business enterprises face while making ethical decisions.
- The corporate nature of criminal conduct within a modern business workplace.
- The effective application of business ethics within the US stock exchange.
- Examinations on ethics in the prevention and management of conflicts within business environments.
These are just some business ethics research paper topics that you probably shouldn’t copy verbatim. Try to put your own spin on them. Find topics that are relatively easy for you to write about. Take a look online to see if there is plenty of research you can harvest. Some of the more exciting topics may seem like a slam dunk win, but if you can’t find relevant and provable resources, then your great idea will not result in a great grade for your paper.
Best 10 History Research Paper Topics
A history research paper is an analysis of a historical event or time. It presents a factual basis of the subject as it has been recorded and accepted, and then asks questions and examines opinions to meet (prove or disprove) an argument posed by the research paper writer.
Choosing interesting history research paper topics should be your priority. History research paper topics span such a massive timeline that you need to home in on a period that interests you that has substance for your input and examination. There need to be strong arguments for discussion. A lukewarm topic will not achieve a good grade. And, whether you choose US history research paper topics or more general world history topics for research papers, it should be relevant to the degree you are pursuing.
Examples of history research paper topics:
- How the diplomatic history of World War II shaped the United Nations
- Nelson Mandela: An acceptable face of terrorism because it was a fight against an evil ideal?
- Was it racism or historical and legacy national boundaries that caused unrest in the former Yugoslavian countries in the 1990s?
- Has the Women’s Rights Movement run its cause?
- An analysis of the extent the New Deal helped America out of the 1930s Depression
- The role of the Mormons in American social development
- Who moved more quickly to industrialization during 1750-1870? Great Britain or France?
- Genghis Khan: A study of empires and power
- The witch trials of the Middle Ages. A prosecution of the powerless
- The impact of the American Civil War on the distribution of wealth in the USA
Best 10 Topics for Sociology Research Paper
To demonstrate how your knowledge and skills have grown over the course of your degree, you will be asked to consider sociology topics for research paper. You’ll need to use critical thinking and in-depth analysis with cohesive writing to dissect your chosen subject.
When you ask what are good topics for a sociology research paper, you need to consider a thought, idea, argument, or tenet you feel passionate enough about to create a substantial thesis. Inspiration for topics for sociology research paper may come from learning, experience, or observation, but there needs to be sufficient material available or able to be gathered in order to produce a solid argument and conclusion to your thesis.
Examples of topics for sociology research paper:
- The influence of the Covid-19 Pandemic on workforce mobility.
- Does the traditional gender role model still have a place in modern society?
- The dangers of cancel culture and the woke agenda
- Does the media reinforce gender inequality and sexism?
- Is the cost of living crisis of 2022-2023 all due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine?
- Self-help books: A valuable tool or a useless prop for fractured egos?
- Has a surfeit of reality TV contributed to an erosion of societal values?
- Too young to vote yet old enough for gender reassignment
- Is speech always free? The limitations and accountability
- The effects of single parenting
Best 10 Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
When you write a criminal justice research paper, it is important to strike the right balance in your thesis between conservative and liberal as well as radical. And, you should be clear when choosing topics for criminal justice research paper whether you are examining social or economic justice, or the combined effects of both.
Deciding on the thesis when choosing criminal justice research paper topics is critical to the success of the paper because your aim is to reach a conclusion supporting the said thesis. You’ll need to examine real-life examples and use empirical evidence to formulate arguments and a hypothesis with reference to legislation.
Examples of criminal justice research paper topics:
- There is a negative relationship between the police and certain ethnic groups
- Is there an increase in crime during states of emergency?
- Should the USA intervene in issues of perceived criminal injustice in another country?
- There is some considerable disparity between mandatory sentences for various types of crime
- Do more men receive the death penalty because there is gender disparity in the criminal justice system?
- Why are women more likely to suffer from domestic violence?
- Where do you draw the line between acceptable discipline and child abuse?
- Guilty by publicity: How do mass media influence crime and justice?
- Do people resort to crime because it is their only or the easiest option?
- Do women receive lighter sentences than men for the same crime?
Best 10 Literature Topics for Research Paper
The best literature topics for research papers are those that are inspired by a novel, novella, poem, or story that you have read. With a vast catalog of literature to choose from, familiarity can be an advantage in formulating a thesis with plenty of rich substance to work with.
Literature research paper topics for college students are expected to provide a new angle or direction for the examination of existing work. The student should present original concepts and thoughts garnered from intimate knowledge of that work, providing in-depth analysis to prove the thesis.
Although a specific piece of writing or one particular author or genre may be chosen as a literature research paper topic, the writer should demonstrate and call upon a wide range of knowledge of many forms of literature.
Examples of literature research paper topics for world literature:
- The appeal of Harry Potter to adult audiences
- Fan fiction: Independent literature or quasi-plagiarism?
- Charles Dickens invented the modern ideal of Christmas
- Romeo and Juliet is Shakespeare’s most significant work of social commentary
- The most effective villains in 20th-century literature
- Racism and segregation as portrayed by “I know why the caged bird sings” by Maya Angelou
- The influence of the landscape in Emily Bronte’s “Wuthering Heights”
- The Age Concept presented by Ernest Hemingway in “A Clean, Well-Lighted Place”
- The Autobiography: An instrument of self-propaganda
- How Grimm’s fairytales relate to the modern era
The Correct Research
When you are looking for topics for research paper coursework, try to pick a topic that has plenty of research out there that you can use. Perhaps more importantly, aim for topics that you already sort of know. The purpose of your research papers is supposed to be to learn about different things and expand your knowledge, and this would be fine, except that they grade you on those papers. If you want a good grade, then stay in your comfort area, pick topics you already know, and play it safe.
Do a Quick Outline Before Choosing
When you pick your new research paper topics, your professor often wants to check (vet) your topic choice. This is done for a variety of reasons, mostly because some topics are too difficult to score highly on. If you want to check this for yourself, then do a quick outline for your topic. If you are really having trouble cobbling some ideas together, then you will probably struggle with your topic.
Pander To Your Professor
If your professor is a left-leaning fop who boasts about all her black friends without ever being seen with them, then write something about race and throw in all the Twitter-fodder you can muster (in an academic way of course). If your professor is a right-wing logician, then pretend you are Spok from Star Trek, and write the sort of topic you think he would write. Topics for research paper coursework need to be picked diplomatically. In an ideal world, you wouldn’t have to pander to your teacher’s ego, but this is the real world, so fluff your professor’s ego with your topics and get a better grade.
Don’t Be Original
This may sound like bad advice for your choice of topics for research paper, but you need to know more about this type of assignment. Also, don’t hesitate to ask any professor or TA, and they will all cite two examples of what happens when students try to be original with their topics. Either the topic is so original that there is no research or studies about it, so they can’t get a high grade. Or, more commonly, the “Original” idea is about as original as laces in shoes and the original “Topic” has already been covered by legions of eagerly deluded students before you. If you want to be original, then be original with your intellect and critical thinking, not with your topics.